IRCTC account-Aadhaar card linking: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) usually allows a person to book a maximum of six train tickets in a month from an IRCTC account. In order to avoid unavailability of train tickets, people tend to book maximum train tickets in a single transaction. But by linking the Aadhaar card with the IRCTC account, a person increases the number of tickets to book from one IRCTC Account. After linking of Aadhaar card number with IRCTC account, a person can book a maximum of 12 train tickets. But this benefit comes only if Aadhaar card is linked.
To book 12 train tickets from a single IRCTC account, the booking account of the person used for booking train tickets and any other user on the booking list should have an Aadhaar-linked IRCTC account.
Users can also verify the Aadhaar card details on the respective IRCTC account. Also, it is suggested while booking tickets the user is required to update the verified travellers in passenger master list on the IRCTC e-ticketing website, www.irctc.co.in.
IRCTC account-Aadhaar card linking:
1. Login to your IRCTC account
2. Under ‘My Account’ tab select option ‘Link Your Aadhaar’
3. Enter Aadhaar details such as Aadhaar card number, virtual ID and name printed on the Aadhaar card
4. One-time password (OTP) will be sent on the Aadhaar-registered mobile number
5. Click on ‘Verify OTP’ and then click on the ‘Update’ button to complete the Aadhaar verification process