New Delhi: Indian Railways’ tourism and catering arm IRCTC also offers online train ticket booking as well as cancellation services. With regard to the cancellation of train tickets, the IRCTC charges cancellation fees. According to IRCTC, train tickets can be cancelled only through the IRCTC website, www.irctc.co.in, till the preparation of train chart, no cancellations are allowed at face to face IRCTC PNR counters.
To cancel the train tickets, an individual has to click on ‘booked tickets’ section on the IRCTC website and select the ticket which is to be cancelled. In case you cancel a train ticket through IRCTC website or app, the cancellation of IRCTC train ticket would be confirmed online and the refund would be credited back to the account of the passenger/customer which is used for booking the train tickets.
There are certain conditions under which IRCTC does not offer a refund. Check out these situations
1. If a confirmed ticket is not cancelled or the TDR is not filed online up to four hours before the scheduled departure.
2. If RAC or waitlisted tickets are cancelled up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
3. For contingent cancellation or waitlisted tatkal ticket cancellation. The charges are deducted as per Indian Railways rules and only a partial refund is granted.
4. If RAC (reservation against cancellation) e-tickets are not cancelled or the TDR not filed online up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
5. If the train is running more than three hours late and the passenger chooses not to travel.
6. If the train is running late by three hours and cancellation request is filed online after the actual departure of the train.
7. In case the passenger has not travelled due to RAC ticket after chart preparation.
8. In case of I-ticket is lost or misplaced. However, in case of lost, torn, mutilated, confirmed or RAC train tickets, the passenger can issue a duplicate train ticket and can travel on the reserved accommodation.
9. If the passenger has not travelled in case of partially confirmed e-tickets.
9. In case of cancellation of the CNF/RAC ticket booked in premium special trains. is not allowed.
10. In case a party is unable to cancel ticket because the chart has been prepared at the originating or previous remote location.