The latest Aadhar card will soon emerge as a PVC card in a unique look. It was authorised to be printed as PVC card by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Like your debit card or credit card, you can hold the Aadhar card too. Your Aadhar card has become more robust and easy to hold.
Aadhar card request’ is a new service introduced by UIDAI. This helps the owners of the Aadhar card to get their Aadhar data on the PVC card by paying a small fee. Using an alternative/non-registered number, citizens who have not registered a mobile number may also order.
Aadhaar PVC Card security features
- Efficiency & consistency of printing and laminating.
- It is much more reliable and simpler to hold.
- PVC card from Aadhaar has the highest security features.
- It is wholly weather-proof, you can now take it anywhere without worrying that it will be damaged, easily.
- Quick offline QR code validation; this card has protection features and it features the embossed emblem of Aadhaar.
Process for applying for an Aadhaar PVC Card by registered phone number
If you wish to use your phone number for the Aadhaar PVC Card read the instructions below:
- Check https://uidai.gov.in or https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Select on Service “Order Aadhaar PVC Card.”
- Enter your Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 28-digit Enrolment ID with your 12-digit or or 16-digit Aadhaar Number (UID)
- Enter the security password for security
- If you have TOTP, select the “I have TOTP” option by clicking on the “Request OTP” button in the check box.
- Enter the received OTP/TOTP on the registered mobile number. Click on the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkbox.
- To complete OTP/TOTP verification, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A preview of the Aadhaar details will show up on the next screen for resident verification before actually placing the reprint order.
- Click the “Make payment” button. You will be redirected to the Online Payment page with options like Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, and UPI payment options.
After making the payment, the receipt is generated with a digital signature that can be accessed in PDF format by residents. The citizen will receive the service request number via SMS as well.
The citizen can track the SRN status until the Aadhaar Card is dispatched through the Check Aadhaar Card Status tab on the website.
Once sent from the DoP, an SMS containing an AWB number will also be sent. By visiting the DoP website, residents also can capture delivery status.